Crémant d'Alsace "Grand Millésime" 2014 organic
The vine :
Sheltered by the highest peaks of the Vosges mountains, this terroir receives an exceptional amount of sunshine. The mainly calcareous subsoil ensures good drainage. The exposure of the hillsides goes from east to south-west.
- Area of production : Rouffach region
- Soil type : Chalky clays/shale
- Average age of the vines : 30 years
- Grapes : Chardonnay, Riesling
The winemaking :
The must has its first fermentation in 228 litre barrels. The wine was bottled in 2014 to allow it a second fermentation. The wine is aged for two and half years on laths, which gives this crémant its complexity in its aromas and volume in the mouth.
The date of disgorgement, which is printed on the label, will allow you to savour the wine according to your taste. One year after disgorgement, the wine reveals its full, characteristically fruity, aromas. Thereafter its body and style are at their best.
Dosage : brut zéro (0 g/L)
Tartric acidity : 11,5 g/L
- James Suckling (Août 2019) : «Plenty of apricot tart, peach pit, caramel and apple strudel. Full-bodied and quite unctuous for this category, this is a big but balanced Crémant that delivers plenty of spicy fruit. Drink now.»95/100
- Wine Enthusiast (Décember 2019) «Apple, cream, oatmeal challah, dried mint and lemon balm on the nose of rising, bursting bubbles.
Vividly fresh the palate shows rounded flavors of maturity : a honeyed edge to that oatmeal, while citrus notions suggest dried peel.»
AOC Crémant d'Alsace.Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.
Food pairing idea : tangerine sorbet.