Muscat 2017 VT Clos St Landelin
The vine :
Located in Rouffach, in the South of Alsace, the Clos Saint Landelin, monopoly of the Muré family, covers 12 hectares (29 acres). It’s situated at the southern end of the grand cru Vorbourg. Its steep south facing slopes are cultivated in terraces. The soil is clay and limestone with a lot of stones. The subsoil is made of calcareous sandstone from the Bajocien and calcareous conglomerates from the Oligocene. The vineyard is in organic farming.
- Average age of vines : 40 years
- Harvest : by hand, in 20 kg boxes
- Date of harvest : October 30th 2017
- Yield : 29 hl/ha
The wine :
- Vinification : Slow fermentation and maturation on fine lees
- Residual sugar : 65 grams/litre
- Acidity in tartric acid : 240 grams/litre
- Alcohol : 12 %/volume
- Date of harvest : October 20th 2017
- Ageing potential : 20 years
Press : 93/100 - James Suckling (August 2019) A dense and fruity white with sliced mango, papaya and spice aromas and flavors. Medium sweet. Lively and fruity. A stylish, late harvest white.
Organic and biodynamic wines certified by FR-BIO 01.
AOC Grand Cru Vorbourg.