Pinot Noir 2017 Lutzeltal
The vine :
The plateau located above the Clos Saint Landelin bears the name of «Lutzeltal». The origin of this name is «lutzel» or «litzel» (little) and «tal» (valley). In fact, this plateau has the shape of a widened vale.The soil is particularly stony there : it is sandy limestone with a little clay. The climate is very dry, due to the exposure to the wind. The Muré family’s vineyard located in the Lutzeltal is cultivated in organic farming.
- Production area : Lutzeltal
- Average age of vines : 40 years
The wine :
- The winemaking : Maturing in barrels
- Harvest : By hand in 20-kg-boxes
- Date of harvest : September 5th 2017
- Alcohol : 13.5 % / volume
- Yield : 58 hl/ha
- Ageing potential : Untill 2034
Shiny ruby-red colour. It displays a gourmet nose, with vanilla and chocolate notes followed by cherry and redcurrant. The mouth is fresh. The aromas of cherry and redcurrant come together with a nice heartiness and a beautiful length.
This Pinot Noir is perfect over red meat, duck, pigeon or game.
Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.