Riesling 2017 Côte de Rouffach
The vine :
Sheltered by the highest peaks of the Vosges mountains, this terroir receives an exceptional amount of sunshine. The mainly limestone subsoil ensures good drainage. The exposure of the hillsides goes from east to south-west. In 2005 the INAO (Institut National des Appellations d’Origine) acknowledge the denomination « Côte de Rouffach » as a communal appellation.
- Average age of vines : 55 years
The wine :
- Vinification : Slow fermentation and maturation on fine lees
- Harvest : By hand in 20-kg-boxes
- Date of harvest : October 2nd 2018
- Yield : 66 hl/ha
- Residual sugar : 2 grams / litre
- Alcohol : 12,5 %/volume
- Ageing potentiel : Until 2035
Shiny pale yellow colour. Particularly fresh, the nose evokes notes of white flowers, vanilla and pear. In the mouth, it keeps its freshness and fruitiness; pear, orange, white peach, il devellops a nice minerality on the final.
Perfect on seafood, it will also do wonders over grilled white meat or salads. Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée Alsace