Gewurztraminer 2015 Clos St Landelin
The vine :
Located in Rouffach, in the South of Alsace, the Clos Saint Landelin, monopoly of the Muré family, covers 12 hectares (29 acres). It’s situated at the southern end of the grand cru Vorbourg. Its steep south facing slopes are cultivated in terraces. The soil is clay and limestone with a lot of stones. The subsoil is made of calcareous sandstone from the Bajocien and calcareous conglomerates from the Oligocene. The vineyard is in organic farming.
- Area of production : Clos Saint Landelin
- Average age of vines : 45 years
The wine :
- The winemaking : Slow fermentation and maturation on fine lees
- Harvest : By hand in 20-kg-boxes
- Date of harvest : october 1st 2015
- Yield : 45 hL/ha
- Residual sugar : 7 grams/litre
- Acidity in tartaric acid : 4,6 grams/litre
- Alcohol : 14,5 %/volume
- Ageing potential : More than 20 years
Tasting notes :
Pale gold color. The nose is fine with aromas of rose, ginger and mango. The mouth is elegant with flavors of exotics fruits. This wine is well-balanced and delicate.
Can be enjoyed with foie gras, exotic cooking and cheeses like munster.
Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.AOC Alsace Grand Cru Vorbourg