Muscat 2015 Clos St Landelin
The vine :
Located in Rouffach, in the South of Alsace, the Clos Saint Landelin is the sole - and proud - ownership of Muré family. This 12 ha (25 acres) property lies just to the south of the town of Rouffach. Situated at the end of the valley, with south-facing exposition, it is wonderfully sunny until the end of the day. The winds from north and west offer good and clean conditions of maturation. Its very steep slopes need terrace-growing. The clay limestone topsoil is very stony ; the subsoil is made of calcareous sandstone from Bajocien era (Middle Jurassic) with limestone conglomerates from the Oligocene. The vineyard has both biodynamic (Demeter) and organic (Ecocert) certification. The vines are planted with high density, around 10 000 plants by hectare.
- Production area : Clos Saint Landelin
- Average age of vines : 45 years
The wine :
- The winemaking : Slow fermentation (natural yeast) and maturation on fine lees
- Harvest : By hand in 20-kg-boxes
- Date of harvest : November the 6th 2015
- Residual sugar : 19,5 grams/litre
- Acidity in tartaric acid : 4,8 grams/litre
- Alcohol : 15 %/volume
- Yield : 37 hl/ha
- Ageing potential : More than 20 years
Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.
AOC Alsace Grand Cru Vorbourg